Suji Rawa Uttappam
- Preparation Time : 10 Min
- Cooking Time : 10 Min
- Total Time : 20 Min
- Sooji/ Rawa : ½ Cup
- Curd : ¼ Cup
- Onion : 1 Tb Spoon
- Tomato : 1 Tb Spoon
- Coriander : 1 Tb Spoon
- Asafoetida/ Hing : ½ Pinch
- Salt : ½ Cup
- Ghee : 1-2 T Spoon
- Take a mixing bowl. Add sooji, curd and water. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Chop onion, tomato and coriander finely.
- After the batter has rested for 5 minutes, add the chopped vegetables to the sooji batter.
- Add asafoetida/ hing and salt to the batter.
- Check consistency of the batter. It should not be too flowing or too thick. If it is too thick you can add more water slowly.
- Turn on the stove and put a non-stick pan/ tawa.
- Put 1 tea spoon ghee. When the pan/tawa is hot bring the flame to medium.
- Add a ladle of the batter on to the pan and spread it. Don’t spread too much. It should be little thick like uttapam is.
- Let one side cook completely. It usually takes around 2 min. The uncooked side that faces you will become dry once the other side is cooked.
- Once the uncooked side seems dry try flipping slowly. Cook the other side around 1 min.