Aloo Matar Parantha for Breakfast
Breakfast is an important aspect of the entire day. Proper nutrition helps in keeping up throughout the day. If breakfast is good enough, everyone loves to eat. This Mother’s Day give your mother a treat. Give your mom a bit of rest for the day and #CookforMom. Aloo is a multi-purpose vegetable. It can be mixed with a lot of their vegetable together to have unique dish in front of you. So, here is the recipe of Aloo Matar Parantha -
- Preparation Time : 20-25 Min
- Cooking Time : 20 Min
- Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Aloo Matar Parantha
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed - 3 medium size
- Green peas crushed 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 1 1/2 cups
- Whole wheat flour (atta) for dusting
- Kasoori methi 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch
- Green chillies chopped 1-2
- Salt to taste
- coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Ghee as required
- Yogurt to serve
- Dry roast Tata Sampann Kasuri Methi on low heat in a non-stick pan for 1 minute, transfer into a large bowl and crush slightly with your fingers.
- Heat oil in the same pan, add cumin seeds and let them change colour. Add ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add green chillies to the Kasuri Methi
- Add green peas and salt to the pan and sauté till the mixture till most of the moisture dries up. Transfer into the bowl with Kasuri Methi. Add potatoes and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well, add coriander leaves and knead. Adjust salt and continue to knead into a soft dough. Cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick tawa on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls. Dust each ball with a little dry flour and roll it out into a thick disc. Apply a little ghee and fold and shape into a triangle. Further roll them into triangular paranthe.
- Place 2 paranthe, at a time, on the hot tawa and cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip it, apply a little ghee on it and flip again. Apply ghee on the other side too and cook turning sides and pressing lightly till both sides are light golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer onto serving plates and serve hot with yogurt and pickle.