When a woman becomes pregnant by choice, it is a completely different affair than when it happens accidentally. It could be a hassle for both partners to deal with it and hence, it is always wise to go via a lot of options in the market to avoid this pregnancy. The very first thing which shall come to your mind is definitely a condom; which is one of the best and safest options to avoid unwanted pregnancy. But there are other options to prevent conception as well. Let us talk about a few here.
Unwanted pregnancies may or may not be a surprise for everyone Learn more about effective birth control methods to avoid pregnancy
BIRTH CONTROL PILLS: First things first. Always remember to consult your doctor before you consume any kind of pills. Birth control pills or BCPs are frequently used by women to avoid pregnancy. The pills consist of estrogen + progesterone which inhibits female fertility. It shall thicken your cervical mucus which makes it impossible for sperms to make an entry into the uterus. It is quite a safe and effective option when consumed in a proper manner.
TYPES OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS: You can either take combination pills or progestin pills as per your choice. Combination pills consist of both estrogen and progestin. Progestin pills are also referred to as Minipills. Combination pills come in many combinations like with monophasic, multiphasic or extended regimens, thus giving you diverse options to choose from. But, choose wisely as not every option will be suitable for you
HOW WILL BIRTH CONTROL PILLS AFFECT YOU?
- Your menstrual cycle becomes easier to manage and more regular.
- More preferred as compared to other contraceptive methods.
- Fertility rate remains unaffected.
- Reduction in acne occurs.
- Reduces the risk of ovarian cancer, anamia, endometrial cancer, ectopic pregnancy etc.
WHAT COULD BE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF BIRTH CONTROL PILLS?
Now, why is it advised to consult a doctor before you consume these contraceptive pills? It could have the following side effects which you should definitely avoid like vomiting, nausea, headache, tenderness of breast, weight gain, bleeding in irregular manner, mood swings, spotty pigmentation of skin, less sex drive as well as no protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
INTRAUTERINE DEVICES: These are T-shaped devices which are fitted into the uterus and are quite an effective way of preventing an unplanned pregnancy. There are two types of intrauterine devices which you should be aware of:
Hormonal IUD: This kind of intrauterine device releases levonorgestrel which is a form of the hormone progestin. It is actually considered to be more effective than the copper IUD. It is useful for preventing pregnancy for around 3-5 years.
Copper IUD: This is a very common type of intrauterine device. It is said to stay put for about 10 years and is considered as another effective form of contraception.
DIAPHRAGM BIRTH CONTROL: Let us talk about how pregnancy can be avoided by usage of a diaphragm. It is actually a flexible cup which is fitted into the vagina to block the entry of sperm into the uterus. Some of the advantages of using diaphragm birth control involves:
- It does not consist of hormones.
- You have to insert it before sexual intercourse and hence enjoy uninterrupted sex.
- Both the partners are unable to feel it.
BIRTH CONTROL RING: Have you heard about this soft and flexible ring which can be thrusted into the vagina? It shall prevent your ovaries from releasing any eggs. You can go without changing the ring for around 3 weeks. It has quite a number of benefits like:
- Acne can be avoided
- Cysts in the breasts & ovaries can be prevented
- Endometrial & ovarian cancers risk reduces
- Serious infections in ovaries, fallopian tubes & uterus is avoided
- Reduction in premenstrual syndrome or PMS
CONDOMS: Also, let us talk about the most viable option which definitely helps in prevention of pregnancy as well as diseases and infections too. You should always be conscious to use a condom before intercourse to be safe. What are the benefits of the same?
- Most easiest to buy as condoms do not require a doctor’s prescription or advice.
- Extremely easy to use.
- The fertility rate of the person remains unaffected.
- It is a “use & throw” concept in the case of condoms.
- Condoms are available in plenty at chemical stores.
- It helps protect against sexually transmitted infections.
- An amazing sexual experience is enhanced as there is a diverse variety available in terms of flavors & textures.
- Condoms have a high success rate.
Published on: 20th September 2021