The development of an egg into a full-grown kid in a woman's womb is incredible, making pregnancy a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It's also the moment when a lady discovers a wealth of new and exciting information. We bet you had no idea that babies cry or hear you in the womb until you became pregnant! Right? If you agree and want to learn more about these fascinating facts, keep reading.
Pregnancy is a once-in-a-lifetime experience Here are 13 amazing pregnancy facts you probably didn’t know
We've selected a few pregnant facts in this Mommunity post to help you look forward to and embrace your journey to becoming a mother.
Pregnancy Facts You Probably Didn't Know Before
1. During pregnancy, your uterus can expand up to 500 times its initial size.
2. The fetus can send stem cells to the mother during pregnancy to correct any damage. It means that your baby can cure you from the moment it is conceived in your womb.
3. The fetus develops fingerprints and footprints around the age of six months. The ridges are arranged in three different patterns: whorls, loops, and arches. These can be found on the palms, fingertips, and soles of the feet. Many people are unaware that fingerprints assist us in grasping objects.
4. Your foot size grows! You may find that your foot size has increased by one inch after giving birth to your baby. This is due to the fact that some hormones loosen your ligaments. This is usually permanent.
5. Your unborn child can hear and respond to sounds outside the womb. The foetus can actively listen to you at the end of the 24th week. This is the ideal moment to bond with your child and communicate with him or her.
6. A new mother may be prone to forgetfulness on a regular basis. This is known as mommy's brain,' and it affects the majority of women. So, you're not the only one who forgets things while pregnant.
7. It's common to have non-food cravings while pregnant. Pica is a strange but true illness in which some women experience appetites for non-food objects such as paper or hair.
8. When moms hear their newborns cry, they begin lactating. When a woman hears a cry, oxytocin is thought to be released in her bloodstream, causing milk let-down.
9. Does your husband have any pregnancy symptoms like hunger, morning sickness, or anxiety? Couvade syndrome, also known as sympathetic pregnancy, is a true condition.
10. A fact about twin pregnancies! Twins begin bonding with each other right from when they are in the womb. Every set of twins is unique, but they all have a special link.
11. Pseudocyesis is the medical word for a fake pregnancy. It causes a slew of pregnancy symptoms, but the lady isn't expecting a child. Isn't it strange?
12. You'd be amazed to learn what all babies can perform while still in the womb. Several ultrasounds have revealed that foetuses in the womb are clapping hands, smiling and making expressions, and sucking their thumbs.
13. In the womb, your baby could be dreaming. Scientists have observed the foetus' fast eye movement while in the womb, which they believe is linked to dreaming.
With these data, did pregnancy become a little more fascinating and interesting? Please share these with other expectant mums as well. Pregnancy is an amazing adventure, and as someone wisely put it, "there is no better feeling than the movement of life inside you." So savor every second of your pregnancy!
Published on: 22nd September 2021