Understanding sleep and sleep patterns are very important starting points that help your child developing healthy sleep habits.
A common daily sleep schedule for kids might look like this:
7 am: Wake up
1 pm: Nap of not more than 2 hours
3 pm: Wake up
7 pm: Bedtime
Regular schedules and bedtime rituals play a crucial role in helping toddlers get sound sleep and function at their best. A consistent bedtime routine helps prepare toddlers to sleep properly. It totally depends on you what you will include in your kid’s bedtime routine. However, make sure to choose those activities that clam your kid. Here are a few tricks that you should try
- Switch off the TV, computers, play station, and tablets an hour before bedtime.
- Don't let your child watch scary or exciting things close to bedtime.
- Remind your child to stay quietly in bed.
- Make sure that your child has everything he needs before leaving your child’s bedroom.
- Cuddle up with your toddler. Your little one loves to hear about the fairy tale characters. Read a story for them.
- A mini snack before just bedtime can help their bodies stay fueled through the night. However, avoid heavy food especially for older kids as a full stomach can create hindrance with sleep.
- Let them say Good night to everyone like dada, dadi, his favourite toys, papa, and even to the moon outside.
- Don’t forget him to give a good night kiss.